• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 6 channel Gainclone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ELAN 6 channel LM3886 amp with nice power supply (4 X 10,000uf/50v Nichicons), large torriod transformer. Very low profile in nice understated case. The line out board was removed. Really a cool little amp if you need 6 channels

$150+ shipping

Attachments

• audio pics 001.jpg
    audio pics 001.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 409
  • audio pics 002.jpg
    audio pics 002.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 396
  • audio pics 003.jpg
    audio pics 003.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 345
Hmm . . . I run a Rane SSA-6 right now and the fan noise is not too much fun to listen to. I could disable, but the amp might get hot. Although with the power I use it blows cold air all the time. Any one think this amp might be a better amp than mine? How much power does each channel put out into 8 ohms and 4 ohms?

Hmm . . . I run a Rane SSA-6 right now and the fan noise is not too much fun to listen to. I could disable, but the amp might get hot. Although with the power I use it blows cold air all the time. Any one think this amp might be a better amp than mine? How much power does each channel put out into 8 ohms and 4 ohms?

Likely 50 to 60 wpc depending on the rail voltage. Tough to beat the LM3886 for good clean sound. Very stable chip with built in overheat protection.
$150 is a good but IMHO. I have built several of these 2 channel chip amps and it's hard to keep the cost below $150 for just two channels.

Hi Guys.

I'm located in NY. Long Island to be exact.

The amp is indeed very cool ; excellent construction , oversized transformer , good power supply. Real nice 2" high chassis. Measures about 15" wide X 10" deep. About 22lbs.

I think the rails run at 35v , so you'll get 50w into 8ohms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.