From 12v to +- 60v where to buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, how can you tell the voltage output is not +- (dual rail)? I went to one of the vendor's website and it was mentioned that two can be used to provide more power.

I was think of taking similar approach to generate a 70 V power supply. I plan to use a linear power supply of 44 V (employing a 800 VA toroid).

Can one use two of them in series and ground the link, like connecting two secondaries of a transformer (center tapping) to create a bipolar output?

The secondaries of a mains transformer are isolated from the input. If you tried that with an unisolated DC-DC converter you would short the output of the second converter.

The only way it could possibly work is if you powered them from independent and isolated batteries.

I have dual secondaries on my trafo, I am thinking of using both to build 2 separate PSU's and connect to 2 separate converters. Then just connect the 2 converters the way I described. I guess I have to set up a ground point (connect to the ground leg of the AC inlet).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.