• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FREE for local pickup in Silicon Valley: broken Proton 930 receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a broken Proton 930 receiver in good cosmetic condition which is headed to Goodwill unless someone local to Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale area) wants to come by and take it. The fuse is intact, but the display does not power up and there is no sound when I select AM or FM. I have the original box and instructions. Sadly, I don't have schematics and they may be tough to track down.

Based on what I've seen, this receiver is a "not bad" NAD equivalent and might make a fun repair project for someone. First come, first serve; if I don't hear of anyone within a few days I'll take to Goodwill.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.