Fostex full-ranger for in wall use :-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In case anyone is interested in (potentially) better than average in-wall loudspeakers, take a look at this:

Fostex NetCIRA SI-1

These retail at under £100 each in the UK. I've spec'd some on a project and will take a listen when they arrive.

The drivers look a bit like the FE-sigma range....

I quite like the idea of having these installed in my bathroom or kitchen :)

sharpi31 said:
In case anyone is interested in (potentially) better than average in-wall loudspeakers, take a look at this:

Fostex NetCIRA SI-1

These retail at under £100 each in the UK. I've spec'd some on a project and will take a listen when they arrive.

that seems a bit rich for a ceiling mount, until you look closely:

The drivers look a bit like the FE-sigma range....

they certainly do

I quite like the idea of having these installed in my bathroom or kitchen :)

might want to research tolerance for humidity in those locations, but could certainly make for interesting in-walls for HT .

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
also note from technical specs:

Speaker unit: 13 cm HP diaphragm full range speaker unit x 1
Frequency response: 80 Hz ~ 20 kHz
Impedance: 600 / 1 k / 2 kohm (harmonica terminal switching type)
Rated input: 16 W (600 ohm), 10 W (1 kohm), 5 W (2 kohm)

These are clearly designed for (high end) commercial background music/PA - i.e. they would require some form of distribution transformer to couple to conventional audio amplifier.

Note there is even a ceiling mount enclosure for a horn loaded version of the same driver -

http://www.netcira.com/docs/products/si1h_tech.htm

along with more measurements than you normally find for their "audiophile / DIY" drivers.

i.e. they would require some form of distribution transformer to couple to conventional audio amplifier.

They are available with and without transformer. So for hifi, don't buy it with transformer and you'll get a hifi-impedance i guess.

Also take a look at that really nice 6,5" coaxial, that one is about 25 Euro.

-Micha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.