• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: Raal and Raven ribbons

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pair used Raal 140-15D ribbons. Good working order. You'll have to make your own gaskets and maybe solder new wires onto the back. Here's a link:

RAAL: 140-15D

Asking $500 plus shipping. Foam wedgies included.

Take a deep breath. These next ones don't come up very often.

Pair used Raven R3.1 ribbons. Good working order. Maybe you've fantasized about the big Ravens, now you can own a pair.

Here's a PDF with propaganda, specs, and curves for the R3; the R3.1 is essentially the same but has a better faceplate (they use the same diaphragm):

http://www.gmitchell.net/raven_r3.pdf

The faceplate on the R3.1 is more like the one on the new R3.2:

http://www.orcadesign.com/products/raven/ravenr3.htm#

Note that the R3.1 weights about 58 pounds, and used Neodymium magnets. These things are beasts. If you get too close with a screwdriver, they will rip it right out of your hands. Plan to just set them down on top of your wooferboxes. Be careful!!

Asking $800 + shipping for the pair. Price includes twelve(!) pairs of replacement ribbons along replacement with instructions. If you follow the crossover and power handling recommendations, the original diaphragms will last you for many many years. If you don't, you get eleven more tries.

By way of comparision, the new R3.2 has a more advanced and rugged diaphragm, lesser magnet structure, lower efficiency, and higher power handling. And costs $4,480 per pair. The R3.1 is in the same league if you're careful with the crossover and don't overpower it.

I will build separate wooden shipping crates for each R3.1. If you pick them up so that I don't have to build crates, take $150 off the price.

e-mail me at: audiokinesis at yahoo dot com

Duke

Last edited:
I have to say that the reality is that what you are selling is worth more than you are asking. I jumped on the Raven line as soon as I saw the poset for several reasons but the foremost was that they are a steal at that price. I do believe you are short changing yourself.

I have to say that the reality is that what you are selling is worth more than you are asking. I jumped on the Raven line as soon as I saw the poset for several reasons but the foremost was that they are a steal at that price. I do believe you are short changing yourself.

So maybe somebody gets a good deal. There are worse things in life.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.