For any qa-2500 owners

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody who has a 2500,I'm curious if this is a common issue(I.e. the way sharp designed the panel).The panel by default(at least mine)has the brightness vr(on the vga board at the top of 4 vr-the bottom three are rgbdrive/boost,also a bit off-) adjusted too low,and the 'centered'(read=flat-no gain/loss-) contrast setting is actually the minimum setting.I tested it with another panel that is also made by sharp(ask impact 400),and used various tests to determine the optimal output from the panel/panel settings.
When I first hooked it up I was disappointed,but after adjusting it it looked correct and much better.I thought I would post for anyone who has this the same problem(whether they know it or not)and hasn't tried adjust the vr and contrast.
I might also add that -on any panel- a lot of people seem to mistake the higher contrast adjustments(from the panel at least)as having a positive effect on the image quality(You would think),but due to the limited(even at 16.7/24-bit)range of colors the panel and its circuitry can process,even the slightest adjustment outside of a 'flat' input(I.e. any adjustment to contrast/brightness other than to correct for distortion due to the panels signal input path not being true to the signal by default)..*huff puff*can cause a large shift in the available spectrum the panel will output,and ultimately lose some colors that it's capable of reproducing.
Of course this would be hard to notice,and might appear on anything you adjusted it for to be improved.
The one thing I've noticed is that if you look for flaws like improper colors,bad contrast, etc..,You can usually attribute it to another sourceI.e. color temperature of your lamp,or incorrect adjustments on your input source.Just my .2$,any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.