Food Thread, lets hear it, or delete it:)

I just have to post this, maybe the best beef, not just brisket, I have ever had in my life and I have had ribeye at Ruth Chris and generally BBQ very well using far less expensive but well raised beef.

Snake River Farms Wagyu Corned Beef.

If you know good meat you either or should know about SRF, some say best in the US and one of the best in the world, might be, sure dang expensive as a 12oz ribeye is $64, 32oz porterhouse is $129 or so.....each, ouch! At Costco they had the Corned Beef Brisket at $8.95lb which is quite high for that cut compared to other brands but had to give it a try. We picked up a 4lb one and cooked it at lower temps for hours in my Grandma's very old dutch oven, towards the end red potatoes, carrots, celery, all organic and good quality, forgot to grab some organic cabbage but still dang fine, getting cabbage in the morning!

Oh my, I am simply blown away as to how good it is and one heck of a value at the price.
We did not even use the good horse radish or mustards we have, just not needed, just the seasoning packet, which normally I throw away but it looked pretty good so tried it, it was perfect.

My next favorite is a pork rib roast slow cooked on the BBQ on indirect heat, mmmm.

With a last name starting with Mc....I have to do a bit of celebrating this time of the year:)

Rick

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Great thread but do you mean “hear” and not “here” in the title?

So the M in RAAM is for Mc-X? Any relation to Duncan of Clan McLeod?😂

I just had the most amazing short ribs as part of the surf and turf combo of scallops and braised short rib on gremolata at Ocean Prime the other day. It melts in your mouth and the sauce on it is incredible. I always get this appetizer when I go to Ocean Prime.

1710596146401.jpeg

I must of been tired to make such a simple typo, I meant hear:)

--------------

Dang, that does look tasty!!!! I would get it as well I am sure.

--------------

McCallum, for some reason they moved back and forth from Scotland to Ireland a number of times, I expect when kicked out, had to go somewhere and were gone long enough to get away with going back........best bagpipes made by them, I came close to buying the full kit to hang on my wall when I still had a house, not much room in the RV......

My initials are RAM, I wanted to use that as the first three letters in my business name but there was already a RAMaudio in the UK, the extra A was added by a buddy and I liked it so it stuck.

-------------

Unfortunately we can seldom eat out, one of the few things I miss about going as all out organic as we can, grass fed, wild caught, grow our own which is expanding significantly this year when I build some really big planters, one will be 4x40 ft. Since we are staying in the same place for the long term and I can make them pretty easy to take apart and move to the space we have waited for for years so I could build them just doing them this spring and live with the extra work to move later on. We are in an amazing place, just been waiting for one right on the river instead of one space back.

Rick