Floor coupling issue (I supose...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody!

So, here's my first serious DIY project. It's a 140 liter 2x12" (Eminence Delta 12LF) + horn (piezo) cab that can be used both standing and as a wedge.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The only problem I encountered is that there's a noticeable decrease in low end when used angled than when it's standing (on the floor). Could that be because of better coupling when the baffle is closer to (or in more direct contact with) the floor? Could I solve this by bracing the baffle to the angled panel (it's only braced to the back panel)?

The decrease in low end is not that big an issue but it's noticeable and I'd like to have big low end also when using the box angled (the main goal of my project, in fact) so I don't have to EQ it much. Other than that the cab is great and required very little damping inside and no stuffing.

Thanks so much for any help/opinions!

ANDRUCA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.