Fixing a vintage broadcast microphone HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys this is my first post. i ordered a vintage microphone (early 60s) off of ebay and it claimed to be working, but when i received it, ive been getting no signal. i decided i could probably fix it, but with not much experience, i think i need your help

here are a few pictures of the microphone and all of the solder points and junk:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

^solder points of the cable that was attached to the mic

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

^wires from the mic, red and black. that came off of the attached cable (by accident)

^the mic

What i am thinking of doing is getting this:

and somehow wiring the black and red cables from the bottom of the mic to this stereo plug. would this be possible? then i could provide my own TRS cable to plug into my mixer. PLEASE HELP ME GUYS, im a n00b

I'll say G² stands for Good Grief! 2" Ampex VTRs? That's a blast from the past.

Yep, you're gonna need better photos. They don't have to be big, just close and in focus.

Yep it is but here is the scary part. I worked on an AVR-1 on Tuesday, and AVR-2 on Wednesday and I was supposed to work on some AVR-3s on Saturday but I ran out of time. However, that was an unusual week. The employer likes that I can work on the 'legacy' equipment. I'm known there as 'Mr. Capacitor' as most of the failures are caps.

To the OP, does your camera have a macro mode? That would help a lot.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.