fix/replace Parasound/Sanyo CD drive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The CD door on my CD player (Parasound c/DP 1000) will not open.

After examining the CD mechanism (used with a SANYO SF-P1 laser) I believe the problem is wear between a white plastic moving stud and a stationary slanted black plastic rail. The moving stud is slid under the slanted rail to cause the rail to move up and hence raise a part that enables the opening of the exterior door and the capturing of the CD.

Because of wear on both the stud and the rail, the capturing arm is not lifted high enough to activate the opening of the door and the moving of the tray outside to collect the CD. With magnification I can see the wear on both parts. Lifting the black arm enables everything to work fine.

The laser and everything else if fine. I just can't get CD's in or out of the CD player.

I would appreciate advice on how to fix the worn parts, or how to source the specific parts, or an entire new assembly.

I am thinking about making a teflon shoe to fit over the stud to give it more height, but would rather get new parts.

Don

I had the same problem

I found that the motor driving the tray is connected to the plastic mechanism via a rubber band. This band had after 10+ years use lost tension. I cannibalized an old pioneer hdd recorder and found a not so used rubber band (and my daughters Barbie DVD gone lost some years ago). Replaced it and the tray works.
In the process however something went wrong with the cd drive motor, so cd's don't spin anymore. For some reson the motor power supply isn't activated and I can't figure out why.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The CD disc motor only spins up when focus is found on a disc. Make sure the lens performs the focus search routine (bobs up/down 3 or so times) and that the laser is lit (which you will only see during this brief focus search operation... and don't stare at the beam or view to closely)

I found that the motor driving the tray is connected to the plastic mechanism via a rubber band. This band had after 10+ years use lost tension. I cannibalized an old pioneer hdd recorder and found a not so used rubber band (and my daughters Barbie DVD gone lost some years ago). Replaced it and the tray works.
In the process however something went wrong with the cd drive motor, so cd's don't spin anymore. For some reson the motor power supply isn't activated and I can't figure out why.

I just fixed my Parasound C/DP-1000 and had the same issue. Make sure the white piece that moved side to side that you will see on the side of the transport the power switch for the player is on is pulled out toward the outside of the player. It should do so very easily. If that piece is pushed in the top piece of the transport will not come down on the CD so it will not spin up. Run the drawer in and out to be sure it is working properly and then button up the player.

Thanks to the post here I realized my drawer would not open due to the thin rubber belt being worn out so it slipped and did not open the drawer. I replaced it with one I stole from the belt kit I bought for my Nakamichi tape deck I have not gotten around to and now I have a good working Parasound.

Now I'll go buy another belt so I can fix the Nak ZX-7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.