First timer - desperately confused with the options...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One is around 8" from side wall and 30" from rear wall. The other 30" from rear wall and 36" from side wall. Pic attached.

Attachments

• BIB_pic01.jpg
    BIB_pic01.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 89
Got the speakers 6.5" from back walls. The one placed in the corner is also ~6.5" from the side wall.

Big improvment in bass and overall balance. Plenty of low end rumble. Speakers sound "big" now - they've added weight to the open sound stage. The mid range shout is much less pronounced now.

Thanks guys for your help!

-Zia

Got it - I will place them as close to the wall as possible after I finish posting. But please note - I can give one of the speakers a corner, as there's a door on the other side.

Excuse my ignorance - I have heard the term "ripple" before - what does it exactly mean?

ripple is a description of the graphic representation of multiple periodic resonances in measured or calculated frequency response

depending on the actual frequencies involved, the subjective perceptions may not be as tragic as squiggly lines on paper or pixels might suggest

isn't it rather interesting how delicate the balance of placement and performance can be for designs that use rather than try to ignore room boundaries

Last edited:
Chris, that´s why boxes need to be placed by music lovers, not by arseitects.

Pit, that must be a typo, in our millwork shop when we want to flatter them, we use "artsi-tects" - you can guess some of the less complimentary terms

if we had a dollar for every time we had to redesign something so it could actually be built or installed, we'd have a lot of dollars - but usually since the contracts require they authorize all change orders, we get to eat the extra expenses

hey, not all architects are mean and dumb :)

after certification they should be required to serve a 2 year apprenticeship in a commercial millwork shop before actually releasing construction drawings

OK, let's agree it's interior designers that really need lessons in what's possible in the real world: "I dunno, just build it however you think, and I'll see if I can talk the client into it" - our GL should have an expense account to segregate just such "as built adjustments"

oops, sorry - :soapbox: over

time for :grouphug:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.