first Time Build Accuton Active 3way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
He asked me for a DFX file which I created with only the dimensions of the speaker. The bracing I only showed him examples of what I wanted. The drivers he took all the dimensions from the spec sheets. He then sent me a Fusion360 file to review. It allowed me to view all the measurements. He may have been able to feed the fusion360 file into the CNC machine but I am not sure. I do know he is using CaMaster Stinger CNC machine. The person website is Corona Arts. I was impressed with the variety of work he had done and some of it was quite intricate.

Hopefully this gives you the information you want

Cabinets and drivers Installed

Installed drivers with temporary screws today in cabinets until Hex screws and platform and feet are delivered. Will start testing crossover settings tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpeg
    IMG_1973.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1969.jpeg
    IMG_1969.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_1971.jpeg
    IMG_1971.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 444
Reactions: 1 user
Very nice !
I like the looks.

For the moment I'm experimenting with basotect for cabinet damping, great stuff !

All dampening was wool felt. I used approx 2.5” on all the walls and 5” below the bottom woofer.

Until I have time to measure them crossovers are 4th order linkwitz riley at 250 and 3000. I will be travelling a fair bit over the next month but will post measurements when I am done. I am extremely happy with the accuton DSP but contemplating trying a Deqx. Deqx makes sense to me as it can replace my preamp and right now I am going from digital to analogue to digital to analogue and seems a bit crazy to me.

For now though what I have was a huge improvement and I am extremely pleased with the results and I received some great advice from some people on this forum.

Project is Now Completed

I now have the best sounding speaker I have ever owned. When I started this project I was not sure if they would sound better than my Apogee Scintillas.

I would like to thank danny_66 for teaching me by answering all my questions on drivers.

Ron At Corona Arts CORONA ARTS who did all the CNC work and helped me assemble the speakers on Gabriola Island.

Mitch Barnett from Accurate Sound who completed the FIR filter crossovers utilizing Audiolense Software. Mitch brought out the best that my design could ever be. Mitch did 3 sets of filters for my speakers and I have include the Before and targeted frequency response and the Simulated filtered responses with the step responses for Minimum Phase, Linear Phase and Mixed Phase. For anyone who have never tried FIR filters I highly recommend them as I had made my own DSP crossover using Accuton Modules which did not even come close to the sound I now have with the Audiolense Filters designed by Mitch.

Attachments

• Before and after frequency response.jpg
    Before and after frequency response.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 266
  • Simulated fequency response.jpg
    Simulated fequency response.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Min Phase step response.jpg
    Min Phase step response.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Brent linear phase target step.jpg
    Brent linear phase target step.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Mixed phase target step.jpg
    Mixed phase target step.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 133
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.