• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One Large amplifier modules

I have up for sale the following:

Lot 1: All brand new in boxes

2 pairs of First One Large modules, with two sets of cap bank modules (i.e. the full compliment for one negative and positive cap bank per amplifier module) and a pair of Lazy cats original speaker protection boards. Condition is mint.​

Lot 2: Used, taken from working amplifier

2 pairs of First One Large modules, with two sets of cap bank modules (i.e. the full compliment for one negative and positive cap bank per amplifier module). Good working condition, flying leads attached to allow bias to be set (will leave these on, but can be soldered off as required)​

Lot 3: Used, one spare First One large module...

Like most things in life my plans have changed, the items in Lot 2 were taken from a working amplifier I built. Sounded better than hypex ncore (I directly compared the two), and I would recommend using these amplifier modules to power difficult to drive speakers, or inefficicient bookshelfs (would work really well with Purifi mid-woofers or KEF LS50/R3 I suspect and would really give them some guts!). Also, worth a go trying them without the cap banks - I found the sound very propulsive (almost thunderous!) with the cap banks, so it's worth playing with this to get them to match your speakers. They are also very transparent and give a very high level of detail retrieval, and great tonal quality.

These are V1.4 modules

I've loved them, but my new speakers are quite sensitive and feel better balanced with lower powered amplifiers. I owned the new set because I was thinking of bi-amping... obviously no need now.

Free postage in UK, shipping elsewhere please let me know.

Last edited:
Lot 1: 2 x new modules, cap banks and DC sense speaker protection. Asking £550 for this.

Attachments

• Lot 1 a.jpg
    Lot 1 a.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 980
  • Lot 1 b.jpg
    Lot 1 b.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 960
  • Lot 1 c.jpg
    Lot 1 c.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 961
  • Lot 1 d.jpg
    Lot 1 d.jpg