First OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost afraid to post this here. No measurements, plots, graphs, nothing. 15" woofer, 10" full range. Plate amp or Mac275 for the bottom, SET amp on the full range speaker. Active crossover. 24x48"

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 465
I've seen worse.

If you just throw an active LR4 crossover on it I think you will not reach the full potential of the system. I heard a 2-way OB in a large baffle recently and it was pretty good sounding for what it was. The key is in getting frequency response corrections done sufficiently well. Do you have some idea about what the shape and type of frequency response correction that you will need to apply?

You can't go too far wrong with OB so long as you follow the golden rule to keep them well away from walls (primarily the front wall), preferably a minimum of 3 feet. Siegfried Linkwitz's site is very informative

OB works even good with less distance. You must find the point for good midrange and bass response. My OB stands 65cm in front of the wall and will work fine!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.