First Attempt samsung 151s problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have been following this site for over a year now and have finally started my first ohp/ stripped lcd project. I bought a samsung 151s monitor, and a 3m 9700 ohp to get my feet wet.

I chose the samsung 151s because it is generally accpepted as a easily stripped diy friendly monitor. I have found that this is not the case. After a lengthy disassembling of the monitor i have fond an "L" fcc cable blocking my path to beamer bliss. One end of this fcc cable is soldered onto the board and the other end has a detachable snap connector. I need help finding an extension for this cable as i am a virgin in the beamer world.

I also managed to scuff my lcd in the process.

But when i finally got it all stripped and put back together on my ohp i recieved a handsom picture. Now if i could only get that pesky ffc extension i would be in heaven.

I have attached some pics of the process below.

Please help.

Oh, and most importantly thanks to all of you who have encouraged me to get this far. I have followed your projects for along time and i would never have attempted this without the awesome work so many of you have done thus far. When i complete this project i plan to build a true beamer.

Thanks

Scolded Dog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.