Figuring out speaker properties + Building enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ledman,

Sorry about responding so late to your posts!
Glad to hear it was an easy fix - I've done the same trick quite a few times myself.

As far as box type/size, I would recommend you download "WinISP" from TeamLiner. It's freeware, models quite well, and the learning curve is pretty easy.

Good luck on your quest for Bass!

So i have been playing around with WinISP and looking at a few different enclosure designs, i am not entirely sure what i am doing though.

What exactly affects the tuning frequency of a chamber of the "Box" tab?
I assume when building a 6th order bandpass you'd take the appropriate volume for a regular bass reflex enclosure that would suit the driver and split it across the chambers as it makes sense?

The THAM Compact 15" Tapped Horn looks like an appealing compact design to me, and actually fits the spot where my speakers would go fairly well.

They also look wonderful i think.

I assume they wouldn't work well just being dropped into a random THAM enclosure?
I have found many different versions of it, and also some that seem to be based off of it but are called differently.

I'd love some recommedations for good resources to read into/youtube videos to watch, there seems to be a lot of trash information around and i have no idea what exactly i need to search for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.