female musicians-

Still a great singer, a wonderful musician and a beautiful women.
A wonderful musician, YOU BET.
A beautiful woman, ABSOLUTELY.
But a great singer, not really. I'll probably catch some flack for this but her vocal range and dynamic prowess seems quite limited. She's been marketed to us as a pop singer while her true gift, the piano, has been cloistered and kept on the back burner thru out most of her CDs. With the exception of her debut "Stepping Out" CD and the "Live In Paris" DVD you just don't get to hear her real skills. And yea, I'm aware of all the awards she's racked up over the years. But I suspect that has more to do with her charisma appeal then her singing. Please don't get me wrong because I do like her. I just wish they'd let her play the piano more. Like maybe an instrumental CD. But she doesn't need to because she's richer then I'll ever be :)

Here is One....

Mary Margareth O`Hara is a real charm... on her album Miss America - her original version o f" You will be loved again " is a stunning piece of goodness. Cowboy Junkies made a good cover of it on the Caution Horses!

Mary Margaret O'Hara | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links | AllMusic

But Miss America is very good recorded and a gem from old days!!:cool:

And don`t forget Kari Bremnes - Norwegian Mood. English translation of her best tunes. Voice = Deep and emotional. Recording = Perfect.
:)
Best to all

Olav

https://mobile.twitter.com/StereoSound_inc/status/890943219835428864

DF1EHKBUQAIaTdm