• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Feline Futterman OTL Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all ! , It’s not a new amp , it’s my first tube OTL amp , that I designed an built back in 2004 .

It’s a Futterman topology ( more specifically it’s an iverted Futterman , also known as Technics variation ) with the PL36 tube . The amp is been working till 2011 when my new Circlotron OTL amp took it’s place ! . More information about the two amps you can find in the following thread … http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/200823-my-new-circlotron-otl-tube-power-amp.html .

In September 2014 I decided to redesign and rebuild the amp , the whole process took me almost two years due to many reasons , but finally the amp is playing and it sounds pretty good ! .

The circuit design is similar in the two cases ( before and after the redesign - rebuild ) , but with different tubes and with all the knowledge that I earn over those years . So the first stage is a differential amp with the ECC83 tube , carefully designed for low distortion , the second stage is a common cathode stage with the EF184 tube and the output stage as I said before , is an Inverted Futterman topology with one EL84 drives twelve PL36 tubes ( triode strapped ) !! .

Last edited:
This is a picture of the amp before starting the whole process of the redesign ! .

Attachments

• DSC01070.jpg
    DSC01070.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 535
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.