Faulty Alpine MRV-T505

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does it look like these (see attached)?

Attachments

• img_0360bx.jpg
    img_0360bx.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 93
If it was damaged by overheating, there are likely other defective components. If the solder connections simply failed, replacing it may get the amp working. If the numbers were 470, it's a 47 ohm resistor. If the original resistor is out of tolerance, you can temporarily use a standard resistor soldered across the solder pads (if you can't find an SMD resistor locally). This will allow further troubleshooting without having to wait for the resistor.

Can you post photos of the board (top and bottom) of the area around the resistor?

I don't know why it was damaged, it was like that when I bought it. I've been told i'll need to get it professionally soldered as it can't be done on an average soldering iron as I might head the circuit board up too much.

I'll try and post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

You can solder SMD components with a standard soldering iron. It can be done easily with a 25-35 watt pencil type soldering iron.

If you're not confident in your ability to solder these components, you may want to take it to a technician to have it repaired

If you still want to try to repair it yourself, post the photos.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.