• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fastron Inductor Group Buy for JG Filter Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So we contacted both Fastron and their distributor.
Direct sales from factory not possible, so we have to go through the distributor.
Minimum order is one box of 250, so we ordered one.
XEN Audio will keep the rest for future use.

We asked for the J grade (5%) which is NOT stock.
So delivery will be 11 weeks. Might just make Christmas.
Price about the same as Mouser.

When they arrives, we shall sum all the costs, (including shipment costs, and the 99 pieces we ordered from Mouser).
Then divide by the number of inductors, multiply by the number needed for the GB, add postage to Fran, plus Paypal fees.

Fran will then pay us, and we ship to him. He then matches for you.
Problem solved.

:)

Thanks due to WK and Joachim for all the work .....

Patrick

So we contacted both Fastron and their distributor.
Direct sales from factory not possible, so we have to go through the distributor.
Minimum order is one box of 250, so we ordered one.
XEN Audio will keep the rest for future use.

We asked for the J grade (5%) which is NOT stock.
So delivery will be 11 weeks. Might just make Christmas.
Price about the same as Mouser.

When they arrives, we shall sum all the costs, (including shipment costs, and the 99 pieces we ordered from Mouser).
Then divide by the number of inductors, multiply by the number needed for the GB, add postage to Fran, plus Paypal fees.

Fran will then pay us, and we ship to him. He then matches for you.
Problem solved.

Thanks due to WK and Joachim for all the work .....

Patrick

The rest of the kits ordered just now.

Fran

:up::spin::)

I got some time today to start sorting the parts kits. I decided to label each of the parts - and just a warning, they are small. If you haven't done SMD stuff, I heartily recommend you give the vid here a listen through (posted elsewhere on this forum):

EEVblog SMD tutorial

Here are a few pics of the parts - essentially, the middle and last pic are what you will get in a kit (inductors not shown of course) that's including one extra of each of the SMD components:

Attachments

• IMAG0359.jpg
    IMAG0359.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMAG0360.jpg
    IMAG0360.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 284
  • IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0362.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 288
Should be OK - but as EUVL suggested above, please do contact WK (member "gogowatch" here) directly to make sure. I've added you to the spreadsheet - on the assumption that thats all Ok with EUVL/gogwatch. Don't send payment until the OK from them...

However, we are short on parts kits - and while I have kept a few spare, I need to hold those in case one or 2 go missing in the mail. Once I know they have all been delivered, I can send out the spares.

Anyone looking for parts kits should drop me a pm/mail and I'll add you to the waiting list.

Cheers,

Fran

Last edited:
O.K., I managed to jump on the GB for the buffer PCB in the last moment, now I would like to get two sets of inductors and, if possible at all, also the parts for 2 boards.
I asked Gogowatch already for the inductors, but he sent me to this GB thread.
So if possible, I would be happy to participate...also getting on the waiting list is fine for me, so there is still hope...

thanks a lot,

Juergen

Hi all,

I've had a good few requests for parts kits. There are now a list at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Given the number of parts kits surplus, plus the number waiting it is unlikely that even those on the waiting list will get parts kits. However, you should all note that these parts are available no problem from mouser. I just don't someone hanging on expecting to get a parts kit from me and then being dissappointed. Maybe a few of you could get together to buy some extra?

Inductors can be supplied no problem.

Contact EUVL/gogowatch for PCBs.

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.