• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Farnell L30 Regulated Bench Power Supply, 30V 0.5A (UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a Farnell L30 "stabilised voltage supply unit", with an output voltage variable from 0-30V, and a current limit adjustable up to 0.5A. The best feature is the huge moving coil meter on the front, which can be switched to display either voltage or current. These were made from 1963 to 1969, which means that it's about 50 years old now.

It was used in the labs at Cardiff University until around the year 2000 when they replaced all their equipment and gave away the old stuff. That's when I got it, and I have been using it ever since. This is why it has various stickers on it.

Remarkably for its age, it doesn't appear to have had any components replaced, including the original germanium transistors and electrolytic capacitors. As far as I can see, the only non-original parts are the cover for the carrying handle and the binding posts on the front, which I replaced myself. There is a gouge in the meter on the front, visible in the photos, where it looks like some careless student touched a soldering iron against it. There's also one screw missing from the cover. Otherwise it's in decent condition, and fully working.

I no longer have a use for it, but it would be a shame to throw it away when it still has at least a few more years of service left in it. I will therefore give it away to anyone who wants it for just the price of shipping. It's quite heavy, so I expect this to cost about £15 within the UK. Shipping abroad would cost a lot more.

If you want to know more, there's a PDF manual, as well as a page on ukradio.info with some history.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 86
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.