Fane Studio 5M+5FR - in use by which commercial Studio Monitors ??

Yes, sadly this unit was discontinued an age ago and it specs/ TS parameters are not to be found online. However, it was used as a direct replacement for the Fane which had a more expensive die-cast frame. Dynamix probably had the Celestions , with a lower cost pressed steel chassis, made for them as a direct replacement for the Fane and the spec's are therefore assumed to be more or less the same. Same cone, same surround, dust-cap and magnet size. The pressed chassis is quite adequate.
I have examples of both and they do sound much the same in the same enclosures.
Why not simply buy a pair and experiment. They are good and not easy to find now.
Good luck 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 6 speakers

IMG-3839.JPG

IMG-3835.JPG

IMG-3836.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think AVI use Vifa for their mid-bass , but I'm not sure. The Celestion's mentioned here have a response up to 15k making them , so called, full range. No reason they can't be used as mid-bass units though, I guess.
I always fancied a pair of AVI monitors.
it's really nice I bought it for £140 on a whim one evening , regretted it in the morning so when it csme I didn't listen to them for ages .
when I finally set them up they sounded really nice My partner even mentioned as soon as she came in the room how nice they sounded