Fan controler via thermal..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does any one know of a good site that has schematics for thermal controlers im looking for one for my fan. im looking for one that will contole the voltage for the van the hotter the heatsink is i want the fan to spin more and the cooler the less fan spinning.. i know they xist because i robed one out of a computer powersuppy but i want one that i can copy and create more of..

thanks

J'

well, these are always great:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=127&manufactory=1400&DEPA=1

they are thermo controlled fans. they are cheap too. $6 for a VERY nice fan. (ive used em before, they are quiet, and very good efficiency). the box has a rating of how fast they spin for how hot. you can always just insulate the sensor if you want it to go slower at higher temps. it just depends on where you put the temp probe.

that is actually a great idea. those fans are nearly silent, and big enough to cool a good-sized heatsink adequately. and for the price, cant go wrong. btw, the store (newegg.com), is VERY reliable. one of the best ive dealt with online. fast shipping and great prices.

JasonL said:
Does any one know of a good site that has schematics for thermal controlers im looking for one for my fan. im looking for one that will contole the voltage for the van the hotter the heatsink is i want the fan to spin more and the cooler the less fan spinning.. i know they xist because i robed one out of a computer powersuppy but i want one that i can copy and create more of..

thanks

J'
----------------------------------------------------------

Its probably cheaper to buy one from Farnell.com for Papst fans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.