Fake chips tda2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
there are lots of fake in markt with , st written on it. then there are some with on top left and on bottom right you will find "e 3" written in a circle but one thing to look for is a sort type on it wiht non curve letters ,that should be original and the pins shouldnt be in a step on the edge,i do have a pic of a ( i think fake TDA2050 ) have a look

Believe, I build more than 15 chips. Only two chips are sounding. Problem is DC at output & no sound. I don't think it's my fault. I build several tda2030a and got success. At my city tda2050 cost around Rs.28.00-30.00 Tda2030a is available for Rs.15.00

st written on it. then there are some with on top left and on bottom right

that's right.

Can you post a picture for original tda2050 which is available in local indian market.

Thanks & Best Regards.

I bought some TDA2040 chips off ebay once. Plugged one into a known good circuit and it was DC out (no audio). Plug in another and it was fine. I contacted the seller and told him I got a bad one. He resisted, but sent me a replacement chip and it was good.

I can't tell if they are fakes, but I noticed the leads are not as wide where they enter the case as the other ones I have.

I now buy my parts from Digikey. Price is reasonable.

How did you order 3886 samples from NS Pl. describe in detail.

you make a login account on National semiconductor, better use some company email id or collage /univ id. After ur account is created, u can get 5 samples of any IC but subjected to availability only. And u have to bear shipping chaeges which is around 8-16$ depending on number of samples.
giv a try .

hii the pic of the chip i said. , i have this one right now .so posting its pics

Attachments

• 18022010019.jpg
    18022010019.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 18022010018.jpg
    18022010018.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 463
could some one say something for the pics of the chip i have put, is it original or a fake

You have pic that means you have purchased & used it. Is it right? What is your experience ? The same is also available in my city but different supplier. It was fear so should I buy it ?

Is there any solution to check the chip before installing on the PCB ? Not by outer look but internal circuit tested ok.

could some one say something for the pics of the chip i have put, is it original or a fake

Looks genuine to me. Regardless, when i use IC amps i don't take their power ratings for granted and power them ~2v (on each rail) lower than rated. No problems.

I've seen fake TDA2030 chips that blew up on any serious load, but they didn't have the ST logo on them, it was stated that they were made by someone else.

hiii i have nto used them coz i have original TDA7265 , from company , i had purchased tda2050 few months back, as LM1875 wasnt available in original in bombay, i can use farnell or dgk but they are too expensive for me right now

TDA7265 isnt that bad as for me i m satisfied wth my amplifier, running it at 22 0 22 and its running fine no issue,
i do have my amp's pic on the chip amp in this forum.

well th3UN1Qu3 , i plan to use it but if i gett a heat sink in bombay the type i m looing for namely the type shown in esp's website

hii the pic of the chip i said. , i have this one right now .so posting its pics

When in doubt, use an output cap.
That can save your speaker. After a few months operation, re-test the amplifier for dc offset, and if it has remained very low, then the chip may be authentic. If the dc offset has increased by several volts, then the chip is probably fake. Of course, with the output cap in place, the speaker remains un-harmed.

Use the protection diodes, because that can save your amp from electromag kickback. One need not assume that a fake chip would have these diodes internally, as it probably doesn't.

So, for most likely success, See the tda2030 datasheet for an example, as in "Typical Application." on page one of this: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/stmicroelectronics/1458.pdf
The diagram displays both the output cap and diodes.
This datasheet will probably give the best examples for supporting the fake chips (which don't have published datasheets of their own).

Another way to tell if the chip is fake, if it produces a considerable amount of bass, a bit disproportionate to your chosen support circuit design. If it does this huge bass thing, its an old NEC design, currently faked by NTE and other OEM's, but Not currently in production by NEC.
This chip is designed for lower voltage operation, to result in approximately a 10 to 12 watt per channel (at 8 ohms) amplifier that packs a bit more punch for bass.
It needs a "right sized" or "down sized" input cap to level out this response.
This chip is easily destroyed by over-voltage, and when that happens it will output the full dc voltage of one rail directly into your choice of either an output cap (series with speaker to block DC) or your speaker.

Thank you Kuldeep. Bull still looking any NATIONAL authorized distributor in india.

Maybe this site is helpful.

is it original or a fake

Any marking manufacturers use to identify their ICs can be copied, so a good copy cannot be distinguished from the original by simply looking at it.

Manufacturers produce those ICs in different factories and on different machines, so you even get different marking styles on genuine parts. And they change the marking style also with time, so you may come across old parts that look different from new ones, but are still genuine.

A copy that is so bad to even skip the markings, like the one Th3 uN1Qu3 came across, can be no good.

hey u

When in doubt, use an output cap.
That can save your speaker. After a few months operation, re-test the amplifier for dc offset, and if it has remained very low, then the chip may be authentic. If the dc offset has increased by several volts, then the chip is probably fake. Of course, with the output cap in place, the speaker remains un-harmed.

Use the protection diodes, because that can save your amp from electromag kickback. One need not assume that a fake chip would have these diodes internally, as it probably doesn't.

So, for most likely success, See the tda2030 datasheet for an example, as in "Typical Application." on page one of this: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/stmicroelectronics/1458.pdf
The diagram displays both the output cap and diodes.
This datasheet will probably give the best examples for supporting the fake chips (which don't have published datasheets of their own).

Another way to tell if the chip is fake, if it produces a considerable amount of bass, a bit disproportionate to your chosen support circuit design. If it does this huge bass thing, its an old NEC design, currently faked by NTE and other OEM's, but Not currently in production by NEC.
This chip is designed for lower voltage operation, to result in approximately a 10 to 12 watt per channel (at 8 ohms) amplifier that packs a bit more punch for bass.
It needs a "right sized" or "down sized" input cap to level out this response.
This chip is easily destroyed by over-voltage, and when that happens it will output the full dc voltage of one rail directly into your choice of either an output cap (series with speaker to block DC) or your speaker.

hey daniel whrere the hack have you been,,, cnat see u on yahoo. have been getting up at 2 in the morning to seee if ur online man where have you disappeared,,,,
anyways got the cross over assembled etc, and its sounding nice,
the amp is really clean from my point of view, and i like it

i still have to get my tone control ready but when i use the amp with my laptop i think i got a mini home theatre,,, and the music when i listen to it in midnight when every thing is quite out side,,, it sound 100% better than my dad's sansui dvd/cassette player

i just want to thank all the members who hleped me out for the project in anyway form or shape and also the reverend for his box desing else i dont know how would i have completed it

Fake lm3886

The same problem here in Pakistan as in India. I have tried 2 lm3886 chips each cost 250 rupees. no one work than for the testing of my circuit i replace the chip with used one from an american used second hand amp and the circuit worked fine. Thats a fu***** problem in PAK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.