Fake 10M45 on Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I needed an 10M45 in a hurry do ordered from LittleDiode.

I received the transistor quickly but it didn't work when I tested in a CCS. So I removed it and put it in a component tester and it comes up as an NPN Transistor. I guess someone has bought a huge pile of cheap transistors and have just re-labelled them to make money. Given that 10M45's are rated to over 400V this could be quite dangerous.

I will avoid LittleDiode from now on.

Cheers
Ian

I needed an 10M45 in a hurry do ordered from LittleDiode.

I received the transistor quickly but it didn't work when I tested in a CCS. So I removed it and put it in a component tester and it comes up as an NPN Transistor. I guess someone has bought a huge pile of cheap transistors and have just re-labelled them to make money. Given that 10M45's are rated to over 400V this could be quite dangerous.

I will avoid LittleDiode from now on.

Cheers
Ian

It’s a big problem getting counterfeits even if old posts have already flagged LittleDiode as one to avoid. Some members in this forum that regularly posts and seems to know everything under the sun about the semiconductor industry continues to spread disinformation about companies like LittleDiode.

Here’s an old thread from 2017 where I refuted one of the member’s unfounded claims about LittleDiode’s stock origin. These type of unfounded posts where no proof is provided to support fantastic claims ultimately gives unscrupulous parts sellers like LittleDiode some form of validation about their existence and legitimacy.

Littlediode. How do they have so many obsolete parts?

Which tester are you using? Just tried my old T5 and it correctly identifies it as a depletion mosfet. Still, these testers are far from conclusive.

My tester is cheap and cheerful. Though, a friendly person on another forum has sent me a genuine 10M45 which my tester correctly identifies as a depletion MOSFET, whereas the one from LittleDiode comes up as an NPN. Also as I initially stated I was building a CCS and luckily, I always test them using a 12V bench supply and a load resistor to confirm the correct current setting. This test totally failed with the LittleDiode 10M45 and worked perfectly with the replacement that I just received from a friend.

So there really is no other explanation than that in this instance LittleDiode are selling a fake component. I am not saying all their products are fake but I certainly won't be in a rush to use them again.

Cheers
Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.