FAITAL PRO FD371 or BEYMA CP21/F

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used a LOT of Beyma CP-21-F's !. Looove it!. It and the cheaper but no longer available Selenium ST320. Those 2 are said to be Hi-Fi, cause of the sound quality and dispersion.
It is a tad more sensitive then the ST-320. Sounds awesome to me!. It is a JBL 2405 ''copy'' but still in production after 30 some years. They changed it's looks last year, they are now silver and have a nice decorative ring to hide the diaphragm screws.
If you need more details about them, let me know. I do not have experience with the Fatal tho.

I used a LOT of Beyma CP-21-F's !. Looove it!. It and the cheaper but no longer available Selenium ST320. Those 2 are said to be Hi-Fi, cause of the sound quality and dispersion.
It is a tad more sensitive then the ST-320. Sounds awesome to me!. It is a JBL 2405 ''copy'' but still in production after 30 some years. They changed it's looks last year, they are now silver and have a nice decorative ring to hide the diaphragm screws.
If you need more details about them, let me know. I do not have experience with the Fatal tho.

Thanks i was leaning on the Beyma because of how long it's been in production. Something dose not stay in production that long unless it's very good. Think i will go with the Beyma plus the price for a pair is unbeatable.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I don't understand the question. That are two completely different drivers, the one is a very narrow dispersion tweeter (Beyma) and the other a extremely wide dispersion (super) tweeter.

How good they are is mainly the question FOR WHAT you are using them. So what do you want to do with them?

Reactions: 1 user
look into Faital Pro HF108 with a STH-100 horn. it's the best tweeter (of course horn tweeter) under 500 bucks I've heard ever. even HF104 with the same horn will be superior to both of tweeter you mentioned but HF108 is a little bit better than HF104

I don't understand the question. That are two completely different drivers, the one is a very narrow dispersion tweeter (Beyma) and the other a extremely wide dispersion (super) tweeter.

How good they are is mainly the question FOR WHAT you are using them. So what do you want to do with them?
What!? a narrow dispersion tweeter!? it's 140 degrees!. don't always thrust your eyes!.

I really don't care about dispersion as i am always sitting on axis to listen to my speakers.

Yeah but it is a diffraction slot design and these days anybody into horns seems to try to avoid diffraction like the plague.

Most horn guys seem to be using CD horns they like the wider dispersion over a flare like a tractrix but at the same time a lot of CD horn guys don't like slot tweeters because of wide dispersion. I have heard slot tweeters in rooms that bounced sound of the walls and it sounded like it was coming from behind me it was terrible and i have heard slot tweeters in rooms that sounded great. Just really depends on the room & setup.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I really don't care about dispersion as i am always sitting on axis to listen to my speakers.

That's a deception since the off-axis dispersion adds to the on-axis-reception as well. So to neglect the off-axis dispersion completely will introduce pretty much on-axis listening influence very well too, depending of the room and listening distance. Or in other words: To refine the speakers to one-listening-point-only only works if you can completely discard the off-axis response. Which you can't per default by your listening setup/room. I mean, unless you have a rehersal room of 400+ m² plus a very high ceiling.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.