F5T how to test outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI. It'seems been a while.

I'm about to repair my blown F5T. I used the store boards.

Is there a way to check the health of an output board without applying rail voltage? I know I have blown some outputs, I just don't know which....

Any ideas that let me test the whole board at once?

Thanks!

I am guessing that the mosfet matching device can be used on the entire board?

If the current draw is non-zero, from the initial condition ( 0V @ gate) then I know that at least one FET is shorted.

On the other hand, if is zero and appears to operate, I know at least one MOSfet is ok... the other may be open. Do they fail like that?

I strongly doubt that it is feasible to break the diodes, given this implementation -- the OP transistor will short well before diode damage territory.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
these (input) JFets are depletion devices , so say normally ON - when gate is at same potential as source

these Mosfets are enhancement devices , so say normally OFF , when gate is at same potential as source

so , you need both JFet matching jig and mosfet matching jig , and these two aren't the same

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.