F5 Turbo V2 power supply doubt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.
I do not know if this is the right place for this question.
qILE2BYsylJiDhQ844DCxC9Z4xS8qbqDiMA5lQTKsfHVyiNzhpS4MsCUUtUUe3ylsdUIQwgWkDw5gHiERgZcLbT0CSPNDKshPyKZ48WIWQA2qbhIuIGpDYAIoI6RSHOUZ0QBQQh46NCgDJufBU+m1MAzhtakJVVIgKnlYxgiLICQ0Yo50bxghCabdFDIAGeUc0scM3iz1CVbvHLNF0XAIIklSEAUEAA7

I have two toroidal transformers with 25-0-25 v 300 VA each, you can use them to build an F5 Turbo V2 instead of 24-0-24v.
They were from another project, did not need to buy new.
Thanked the experts to comment.
Thanks.
diasell

No problem diasell with the extra voltage, but at +-33.5V DC I would cascode the Jfets to make sure they survive! And use 50V capacitors!
More voltage swing will give you extra class AB power cabability but you must have big heatsinks to bias the output devices heavily into class A!

What heatsinks will you be using?

Hello everyone, thank you for answers.
There must have been some confusion, i did not put any attachment. Were the big fingers on the keyboard.
A friend advised me to start by F5 and if goes well will go turbo V2. I do not want to take a step too big .
Really I wanted to use the 2 toroidal already have.
With this construction an dissipante 4U or 5U modu shop italy.
This is a google translator, my apologies.
Thanks.
P. Dias

Hello MASantos,
The f5 v1 was the first thought that mount to use the two toroidal 25 v I have, the problem is that no PCB's in this version, only the F5 V0; f5 T V2, T V3 F5.
This version is with 4 mosfet without diodes and 32 V? I think I'm not mistaken.
Thanks.
P. Dias

You can use the diyaudio store boards to make V1, V2 or V3 if' I'm not mistaken.

You can also search for F5C from member Cviller.

It allows for cascode and the extra pair of output devices. It was designed before Nelson released the turbo but is pretty much the same thing, as it was developed here in the forum with the help and input of many members.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.