• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
KT said:
Hi,

I just put my name on the wiki for 1 stereo pair of F3 boards.

I also put my name in for 2 PS boards. Is this the right number of PS boards if I want to have one PS board for each channel?

I look forward to the group buy.

Thanks,
KT

For F3,

I think you can just break think the Power supply in half here, as it's plain C-R-C. The F4 needs a v+ and v- power supply. so can upwards of two power supplies for one amp.

I beleive the PS in Firstwatt site is wrong, but I am not sure. I think 35v tranny to CRC will give ~45 volts. the 18v +18v is near the same, but I dont think 25v caps works here.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Balanced F4

khundude said:
How many F4 boards do I need for a balanced amp?

4 total or order 2 pair....

This pic from Adrej helped me with star grounding and understanding the balanced setup of the F4. I am not sure if we can do the same thing to F3. I presume not.

Adrej uses an attenuator in there, so assume just from signal to in. XLR pin 1 to right, Pin 2 to left, Pin 3 to ground.

Attachments

• grounding_f4_v01.jpg
    grounding_f4_v01.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,452
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Balanced F4

mithomas said:

4 total or order 2 pair....

This pic from Adrej helped me with star grounding and understanding the balanced setup of the F4. I am not sure if we can do the same thing to F3. I presume not.

Adrej uses an attenuator in there, so assume just from signal to in. XLR pin 1 to right, Pin 2 to left, Pin 3 to ground.

if you want balanced F3 - then build SUSY F3 - thread is somewhere around :clown:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Balanced F3

True, True -

ZM, you can kill the horse possibly on this.
Can we use two F3 amps to make balanced F3, or is it only possible with some sort of related negative rail thing?
:confused:

Yes, I plan on Susy F3 thingy as soon as someone else agrees first to build it.:D Also thinking about LU head amp vis EUVL as well - something for work.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Balanced F3

mithomas said:
True, True -

ZM, you can kill the horse possibly on this.
Can we use two F3 amps to make balanced F3, or is it only possible with some sort of related negative rail thing?
:confused:

Yes, I plan on Susy F3 thingy as soon as someone else agrees first to build it.:D Also thinking about LU head amp vis EUVL as well - something for work.

as I said in related thread - you can make SUSY F3 without neg leg in supply , paying the price with implementing input caps ...........

and - yes - you can make one SUSY from one stereo F3 , just toss these redundant parts out , and solder few more as dead bug on heatsink

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
AR2 said:
Increase the longer dimension to be around 10" and than choose stronger compression in jpeg so that your file size is no bigger than 100k

Diagrams like that are much better saved as (low bit) gif. Better fidelity & (usually) smaller size.

I took the original jpg that was posted above at 60k, removed most of the jpg noise and saved it as a 17k 8 colour gif.

dave

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Moving Forward

Pappa himself approves---
:cool:

Group buys are not a problem. If I have any change in my policies, I will announce it with plenty of lead time.

As I have said elsewhere, the efforts of Rawson don't steal business from me per se, rather they drag down the reputation for quality that I try to maintain. np

So word of advice, dont try to sell on open market.:Pirate:

:yinyang:

Re: F3 bom

mithomas said:
This isn't for Mouser part #'s, but this will give you an idea.
I am not sure how the PS is being rigged in this design. I plan on F2 like Power supply using 35v transformer, and 50v+ caps, .47R resistors. Also the Fuse looks like this BOM suits 220v, which is fine for your area, I believe.

Matched MOSFETs are available from tech-diy.com

Many thanks to Peter Daniel and to Mike for organizing the board reissue. Now that it looks like boards will become available, does anyone have a BOM for the power supply PCB? The BOM included in Mike's post only has components for the First Watt power supply which is a bit different than Peter Daniel's PCB. Recommendations for manufacturers and part nos. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.