• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F1 Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
woody said:
Can't someone get in touch with David and perhaps finish the
group buy for him? If not you will notice that Suds has already
started another F1 group buy.

I am trying to get in touch with David - to see if I can take the GB off his hands and try to remove any pressure / stress. If I hear anything then I will post immediately.

Of the other two F1 GB's, if I have to then I will probably go for Peter Daniels' boards - I have used several of those he has produced and they have all been great.

SUDs does not seem to yet have approval from Nelson Pass - but people seem to have used his boards to good effect.

Alan

Hello,

I'm a new member interested in putting together an F1 (or maybe an F5). I'm wondering if anyone could help me find locate a pcb for the job. It seems hifimaker had commissioned some. Does anyone know if these are still available? I know much of what I'm addressing in this post has already been discussed in other thread. I apologize for the redundancy. I've tried emailing/pm'ing a few people with these questions however I am unable to do so as I'm a new member. Thus I figured this would be a good place/way to start. Thanks for any help.

If the boards are produced and delivered to hifimaker, isn't there anybody who is willing to take care about it and to ship the boards. The money is there and the boards are there.
It cost me 50 Eur. And that is quite a lot of money for me.
At least I would like to have my money back to start a new approach on that project.
Br
Josch

Joschl said:
If the boards are produced and delivered to hifimaker, isn't there anybody who is willing to take care about it and to ship the boards. The money is there and the boards are there.
It cost me 50 Eur. And that is quite a lot of money for me.
At least I would like to have my money back to start a new approach on that project.
Br
Josch
Josch - If I could get the boards and the lists I would do it (even from the UK) other people in the States have also offered - the problem is getting hold of the boards.

I cannot see any resolution to the problem.

Well,although being always an optimist, I will write of my money and write the boards. This was my first and last overseas groupbuy.
But I was stupid too, sending money to a person knowing no adress etc.

I will ask a friend of mine doing a new layout for the F1. He makes excellent layouts. The boards were made in Germany.

Are the people in Europe that are interested too?

Regards Sam

Joschl said:
Well, then I just count it as another rip off from the states...
P to P is the second option to go for then.
Br
Josh

That's the spirit:mad:

Not knowing David's predicament, e.g. if he's even still alive, Josh's post represents the lowest to which these forums can sink. Even cursory review of this thread would counter his accusation.

Last time I placed a PayPal payment in dispute I had a full refund in 2 or 3 weeks AFAIR.

I've done Josh a favor & made a top-level post here to assure he never have a problem in a GB again.

h_a on assoc top-level thread said:
As he and you overreacted a bit, I think it's only fair to do what you suggested, that is delete the whole overreaction :D

Agreed. I'll ask the moderator(s) to do so today (delete my top-level thread about Josh & perhaps my reaction to his post here).

BTW, IMNSHO, if one does not buy the David-is-sick bit then another possibility is that the boards were received but did not pass his proof build. But even in that case, I'd think a trace cut or jumper or two would get the PCB working. All supposition, but as far as I see, there was no PCB prototyping - the large GB order being essentially a proto/proof for the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.