• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F/S Eastech / Philips Ribbon Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a nice collection of these Ribbons that sound terrific and are very economical.

The smaller ones are 2" and the larger ones are 3.75".

$10 dollars each is fine for these.

I have 18 of the 2" variant and 8 of the 3.75" variant.

Can be packed and shipped today.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• L1010809.JPG
    L1010809.JPG
    847.9 KB · Views: 468
  • L1010808.JPG
    L1010808.JPG
    787.3 KB · Views: 359
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have 2 pair of the little ones. They are cute and well built. They are good to about 5kHz. Keep in mind that they are dipoles. And push-pull electrodynamic planars, not true ribbons.

Philips had nothing to do with these. Eastech bought Monsoon (Canadian company) for the licence agreements from Eminent/Bruce Thigpen that let them build these. Think of them as 3rd generation Monsoons.

Attached are some preliminary data sheets i have and a response curve measured by Dan Wiggins.

dave

Attachments

• PFT 9-05-6-DA Spec rev 1_0.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 123
  • PFT 10-05-6-MA Spec rev 1_0.pdf
    104 KB · Views: 102
  • imaeastech-dipole-ribbon-response.gif
    imaeastech-dipole-ribbon-response.gif
    42.3 KB · Views: 362
I have 2 pair of the little ones. They are cute and well built. They are good to about 5kHz. Keep in mind that they are dipoles. And push-pull electrodynamic planars, not true ribbons.

Philips had nothing to do with these. Eastech bought Monsoon (Canadian company) for the licence agreements from Eminent/Bruce Thigpen that let them build these. Think of them as 3rd generation Monsoons.

Attached are some preliminary data sheets i have and a response curve measured by Dan Wiggins.

dave

Hi Dave...

Thanks for your help here... I appreciate it a ton...

These are SEALED in the back - and actually (for real) used by Philips for a line of monitors they made for certain markets...

I have used these down to 4.5K with (I would call it) excellent results...

Be well,

Mark

Hi, I´m interested in a pair of the smaller ones (PFT 10).

I´m looking into matching these with a 3" full ranger, the hi-vi b3s (let´s see if I can buy it from elecres in the other thread...).

What about shipping, could you send by Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box? According to usps: (up to 4 pounds) $13.45 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8".

Thx
Alexandre

I don't think that would be an advantage... still for just $10

dave

Hi Dave...

I understand your reply as so many people want Open Back for this type of driver... That said, my own experience is that a bit more SPL and the ability to (perhaps) play a bit lower can help with some designs...

They are a bargain for sure... and they do sound real good...

Thanks,

Mark

Hi, I´m interested in a pair of the smaller ones (PFT 10).

I´m looking into matching these with a 3" full ranger, the hi-vi b3s (let´s see if I can buy it from elecres in the other thread...).

What about shipping, could you send by Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box? According to usps: (up to 4 pounds) $13.45 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8".

Thx
Alexandre

They can fit that box and weight limit... I've been quoting just about that in shipping plus insurance and notification...

My local USPS Office is real good with all of this - they have been quite helpful to me with my microphone shipments, Genesis tweeters, and others...

Thanks...

Mark

Hi Mark, I had committed to buy 4 of the longer ones early on, but we failed to connect since we live too close together for mail, but couldn't find time to meet. If they are still available, I will honor your original price and I will be in boulder doing at talk at mapleton hospital this noon, if you are around, or we can arrange later.
-josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.