Extreme speaker connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know about amps, but some of those connectors look like they'd be more at home on the front of an arc welder!

Maybe they would come in useful for someone out there trying to make an ultra-fi welder?

:D

Isn't copper oxide green? This is a favourite science experiment I remember from days gone by - you put copper in sulphuric acid and you're left with a green power that's copper oxide?

peranders said:

Copper oxide is red or black (brown?). There are two types anyway. Green surface comes from sulphur(?).

Copper oxide is black. The green is from chlorine (it's called malachite).

Take a quarter cup of vinegar and about a tablespoon of salt and mix them together in a glass container until the salt is dissolved. Take an eyedropper and put some drops of the liquid on some pennies and let the liquid air dry. It will leave a blue-green film on the pennies.

The same solution is excellent for removing copper oxide and copper sulfide. Just make sure you rinse it off thoroughly afterward.

se

...just to set the record straight here's a picture of the stuff, Cuprite Cu20 (I was wrong - it is red/brown)

Attachments

• cu2o.jpg
    cu2o.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 553
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.