• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And last but not least, a digital amplifier for comparison purposes

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This Class D amplifier will also be going to RMAF with Feastrex, primarily for reference purposes. It will go inside a proper case, of course -- this is just a temporary set-up. The folks at Feastrex really like this amplifier a lot but have not made up their mind yet as to whether they will attempt to bring it to market.

The main reason for bringing it along is so people can get an idea of Feastrex drivers�f performance potential with a digital amplifier.

The amplifier is built around an International Rectifier AUDAMP board (two-channel, 120W half-bridge design providing 91% efficiency at 120W in Class D). In typical Feastrex fashion, you can see they have used a very large high-quality transformer and the Degawa rectification modules that they love so much.

Feastrex's president Akiyama used to look down his nose at Class D amplifiers, but upon hearing this one he realized he had been wrong to dismiss them. Everyone who has heard this amplifier has been greatly impressed, with most shocked to realize, as Mr. Akiyama did, that Class D amplifiers can be excellent. I have not heard this amplifier myself but they seem to think the quality of the mid-bass is especially noteworthy.

I guess the message is, even if you have to "break the bank" to get the Feastrex drivers of your desires, you may be able to get away with an inexpensive amplifier if you choose it carefully . . .

-- Chris

Re: And last but not least, a digital amplifier for comparison purposes

cdwitmer said:
This Class D amplifier will also be going to RMAF with Feastrex, primarily for reference purposes.
The main reason for bringing it along is so people can get an idea of Feastrex drivers�f performance potential with a digital amplifier.

I am pleased to hear that they decided to bring it to RMAF and demonstrate it with Feastrex drivers.
I think the d-class amplifier is worth playing there.

Bunpei

Not sure what ya mean Mr.D? I thought it was quite cool to see some of the people and be like a fly on the ceiling to it all... There were some probs at the beginning of the broadcast, but how cool was that to be able to see some of the going's on real time!!! Got to see a new amp that Steve brought out, some new speakers, and for a first time go on the air, not to shabby IMO....
Dave:)

Bunpei said:
Mr. Tanaka has received more than 30 nickname offers as listed below. He has not selected one. He will announce his final selection at RMAF 2008 Exhibition and present a Urushi finished wooden bowl to the winner.

but what if I'm not there to accept it? (wait, I haven't even won, man I'm getting ahead of myself) :)

I still think the Native American version of buffalo "tatanka" is most fitting, but that's just me being... me :cool:

-J

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.