Eugen Bauer Coaxial 12" Klangfilm speakers. Suggested enclosures?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've got a pair of these German classics on the way (8 ohms Alnico version)

TC: Eugen Bauer 16mm tube amp speaker - www.tube-classics.de

I'm already considering different possibilities and enclosures, but any inspiration's very welcome.

I'm thinking about something straight-forward, as an open baffle or similar. Problem's that it has to be home-friendly. I was considering the ChillL Baffle, from our fellow member fredde,

The Chill-baffle speaker page

The classic OB from JE Labs popped up as a viable option too, even though it's too big to be accepted here and I know it. My last project, the Supravox Baffles Compensés/RJ Carlsson, didn't last long in my living room, despite their lovely sound :( These ones:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...-compenses-rj-carlsson-rj-my-living-room.html

Got a pair of Saba Alnico Greencones 8" woofers and 4" lying around as well. Santa has decided that the sound of German speakers must be investigated chez vincula. Don't know what to do with them yet. Could be great to build something, so that I could try both. I do thank him dearly though :xmasman:

All suggestions deeply encouraged. Just keep it simple. My wood skills are fairly limited.

Regards,

Vincula

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.