Enhancing bass from my 6x9 enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys
just joined the forums

My speakers are Sony Xplod XS-GTF6938 50Wrms/channel
Frequency range 40Hz-22000Hz
Sensitivity 92db+/-2db /W/m

my enclosure dimensions (outer, wood width is about half inch or less)
Speaker%20diagram_zpsv5u7htd8.png

Port was pre-cut in this enclosure
I am using head unit to power them. bass is very low (as compared to when they were installed in my ex hatch over trunk (like infinity baffle).
I now want to use it as home audio as I wont be buying a car for a while.

How do I enhance bass from these
Port Length Calculator suggested 4.6inch port length to enhance bass to lower 40hz. I have installed 4.6inch pvc pipe of 1.25inch diameter in port. Still bass is not very good

please suggestion proper place, size, and number of ports to get better bass response from this enclosure. I cannot change the enclosure.
Speakers are being powered by car head unit.

Thanks in advance

Some questions:

1) Do you know the frequency response of this transducers?
2) Do you want to use a stereo car unit putting both speakers in the same enclosure? It is not satisfactory, because both speakers will manage different signals and in different phases, who can cancel out mutually or attenuate severely.

3) Did you phase properly both speakers?

Osvaldo from Argentina.

Some questions:

1) Do you know the frequency response of this transducers?
2) Do you want to use a stereo car unit putting both speakers in the same enclosure? It is not satisfactory, because both speakers will manage different signals and in different phases, who can cancel out mutually or attenuate severely.

3) Did you phase properly both speakers?

Osvaldo from Argentina.
yes i phased both speakers properly and checked with battery as well (moves outward)

Yes both speaker are powered by car head unit as left right, If I connect them to either left side or right sides of front and rear channels, will it help them as they will get same signal

At one time I had a similar arrangement, the best results were from a cabinet about the same as what you have shown, but with the rear panel open.
The low wattage from the head unit seemed to allow a better response like this in an open room.
As mentioned above, without the engineering parameters of the speakers, you won't be getting any super optimized results.
Another thing you could do would be to build the cabinet you described, and expirement with the port length, and bricks inside to reduce the volume. Maybe make the rear panel removable...

At one time I had a similar arrangement, the best results were from a cabinet about the same as what you have shown, but with the rear panel open.
The low wattage from the head unit seemed to allow a better response like this in an open room.
As mentioned above, without the engineering parameters of the speakers, you won't be getting any super optimized results.
Another thing you could do would be to build the cabinet you described, and expirement with the port length, and bricks inside to reduce the volume. Maybe make the rear panel removable...

do you have a picture to help understanding it clearly.
I read on some forums that port on left or right helps as well.
did you make port at rear it or opened all of it like free space.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.