Encapsulated PWR Transformers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try just about any toroidal manufacturer

Most toridal manufacturers offer a range of mounting options, from metal screening cans, through to simple (and ubiqutous) neoprene washers and large dished metal washer. (with thermoplastic casings in between)

Why dont you get in touch with a US manufacturer and but what you need? They won't need more that the external dimensions of your existing toroid, I don't suppose.

Give it a go.

Good luck comrade

Whoops!

FBJ,

I forgot - resin. These are generally available from suppliers like Farnell and RS.

They usually come as a 2 part kit. (You know the drill, mix the contents of the 2 packets, panic as the mixture starts to go of faster than you expected, get fingers covered with the goo, wish that you'd worn gloves, etc, etc)

Try just about any toroidal manufacturer

Most toridal manufacturers offer a range of mounting options, from metal screening cans, through to simple (and ubiqutous) neoprene washers and large dished metal washer. (with thermoplastic casings in between)

Why dont you get in touch with a US manufacturer and but what you need? They won't need more that the external dimensions of your existing toroid, I don't suppose.

Give it a go.

Good luck comrade

I forgot to include that the transformers I have are not potted. And I have looked at several transformer manufacting web sites and didn't seen anything about selling the thermoplastic round case or resin separately.
But surfing the net I located a place in California called www.plasmetex.com that can custom made thermoplastic round cases. Haven't called about prices yet. And I located a TAA article in 1993, 4, about potting resins and sources.
:D

Potting Transformer

Try a toy store, looking for a nice plastic bucket, grocery store... food container, home store plant container. Just some ideas, have used them all with success. Potting compound comes from home supply or automotive body shop supply..... polyester resin.

Cyclotronguy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.