Emphaser ea1500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Repaired driver board for outputs. Had good low side output gate drive.
I installed only 1 transistor (used ones for testing purpose) for each output bank to test if amplifier is working.

Powered up amplifier and it was working - produced both h/l drives and got good audio output.
I accidentally removed remote wire and right after that i installed it back - and after remote was applied it blew one bank of high side output transistors.

Do I miss some problem as it blew when i fast reconnected remote wire?
Or is just because there wasnt all output transistors installed and gates couldnt discharge fast enough?
Image with driveboard with pulled vias is not mine - is just from the google to understand which one amplifier uses.

emphaser_87014.jpg
pwm-15000d-emphaser.jpg

Last edited:
Well i blew up another set of "test" fets.
Repalced all irs21844 and installed 1 fet per group.
I was checking oscillation - it started a bit earlier than rail voltage was stabilized.
Had good high side drive. Rail voltage was stabilized on scope. I was triggering remote on and off and it didnt blew - but i didnt wait till output relays engage. I found it it blew only after i reconnected remote after relays were engaged. Waited till relays engage, disconnect remote, reconnected it back and blew totally open output fets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.