Eminence Alpha 15's in Australia?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alpha 15

I understand what Magnetar is saying, I suspect Alpha 15 will not give you the strong, fast and punching bass if you are aftering that kind of output.

For you info I bought 4 units of 12in woofer with Qts=5.6, each costing AUD$20 each, they are giving good bass(not fast punchy bass) for the money I am paying for in a U-frame enclosure. I bought them in Aussieland. If you are interest I can tell you where to get them.

Alpha 15 is not cheap about $150 each with free postage within Australia.

cheers

Re: Alpha 15

ttan98 said:
I understand what Magnetar is saying, I suspect Alpha 15 will not give you the strong, fast and punching bass if you are aftering that kind of output.
Alpha 15 is not cheap about $150 each with free postage within Australia.

Thank ttan98,

I've got some bass boxes that I generally use to cope with the real bass (sealed), but I don't use them much over 120Hz (actively crossed). With the MJK design, I can probably drop that to 50Hz and save the Alpha's from having to try too hard below that level (which might improve them immensely).

I got a response from Claude of Music connection:
"Most good retails in Melbourne will place a Eminence order for you, as there are so many speakers in the Eminence range you will find that a lot of the retails do have them on hand, but are able to get them in a couple of days.

You can try the following retailers;

BILLY HYDES - All Stores
SPEAKERBITS
VORTICITY MUSIC
DB CONCERT SOUND
UNDERGROUND MUSIC
WALL OF SOUND PROFESSIONAL AUDIO"

And yes, $150 is about what I was finding also...

Not to be so negative but these are really light weight cheap stamp frame 15's with tiny magnets - I'm not clear on what what your 150 is compared to US 150 - if that's each US $ thats robbery.

Isn't there any mid QTS cheap built pro drivers there (like the alpha 15) there that are more reasonable?

Brett said:
Importer markup is all. Buy direct from someone in the US and you get better prices. $A1 = $US0.88

Only hassle is postage costs. I think they're still in the US$50-60 range (each) for those drivers, or $85 for 2 or $150 for 4. Works out at A$117 (each) for 2 or A$110 (each) for 4. That's using the US$60 price tag I've seen around for them.

Magnetar, your dollar may be weak, but that's generally what ours is compared to - so pity us. A few years back, our peso would buy 49 US cents...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.