• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Elsinore Project

That is a FANTASTIC deal! I paid more than that just for the crossovers. Where were you 2 years ago? Could have saved me a ton.
BTW, anybody contemplating the Elsinore, but hasn't decided to pull the trigger, I am running my Mk6's off of a 3-watt 45 tube amp. No problem. Tons of bass. Lots of flexibility with these speakers. They do it all. GLWS!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hey Pilk, I am going to keep a close eye on this. The Elsinore (the now economy version of it) is high on my list for future projects but I am in the middle of packing to move out of state. Not a good time to receive shipments.

I will touch base in 3-4 weeks if it hasn't sold.

Were all of the crossover component upgrades endorsed by Joe? I know he can be pretty specific.

Hey Pilk, I am going to keep a close eye on this. The Elsinore (the now economy version of it) is high on my list for future projects but I am in the middle of packing to move out of state. Not a good time to receive shipments.

I will touch base in 3-4 weeks if it hasn't sold.

Were all of the crossover component upgrades endorsed by Joe? I know he can be pretty specific.
PM'd.

Reactions: 1 user
BTW, I need to update my post from 4/9. I said:

"I am running my Mk6's off of a 3-watt 45 tube amp."

In fact it is a 1.5-watt amp. Sounds great. Plenty of volume even for movie night. I hope you get these, Mike. You will not be disappointed. And, when you're rich, you can update to the Purifi drivers.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Yes, I have the Bordeaux by Speaker Design Works so it will be nice to have a different type of speaker. It'll also be very fun to compare and contrast the two. I do like the impedance response of these. Very amplifier friendly.

What 1.5w tube amp design are you using? NOS 45's are quite pricey!

I’m using an Alan Eaton 45 amp. The tubes are old RCA Cunninghams. They came with the amp, but I got a second pair, just in case. I think I paid $100 each for them. National Union vintage tubes are supposed to be comparable for about the same price. Of course you can go crazy if you want. The EML mesh are about $1000 a pair, I think. I’d like to hear them.

Reactions: 1 user