• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EKIO - Digital Loudspeaker Crossover Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We publish today EKIO v1.0.3 which contains a few bug fixes.

EKIO is a Loudspeaker Management Application. It lets you customize the sound of your loudspeaker system so that it sounds and performs optimally. The app allows you to easily create a crossover for your full-range speakers. It lets you integrate a subwoofer and equalize your system.

It features:

• Real time audio processing
  • Interactive EQ display
  • Crossover configuration
  • Parametric EQ
  • Driver alignment delays
  • Flexible routing
  • Drivers measurement import
  • Unlimited I/O
  • 64 bits processing, 44.1 to 192kHz
  • Optimized for low CPU usage and low latency
The FREE version is limited to two inputs and four outputs.

To learn more about EKIO, please visit our website : www.lupisoft.com/ekio

Regards,
Lupisoft

Today, we have published EKIO v1.0.4 which provides these new features:

- these filters were added:
Butterworth 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/oct
Linkwitz-riley 36, 48 dB/oct
Bessel 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/oct
ekio_lr48.png

- now, when the mouse cursor is over a graphic, you can display its position by pressing the SHIFT KEY

ekio_cursor_position.png

And a few minor bugs have been corrected.

You can visit our website here: www.lupisoft.com/ekio

Best regards,
Lupisoft

It's a simple question whose answer is not as simple. It depends on what you want to do and on your budget. It is best to choose an ASIO sound card that is capable of doing loopback internally (direct sound from Windows to EKIO). But these cards are not very common. So a good choice is to route the signal with an external loopback by using SPDIF or ADAT.

ESI sound cards have good drivers. Most of them offer the DirectWIRE function, which allows internal loopback. The Maya44 XTe card is a sound card that provides 4 good quality outputs for a moderated price.

Focusrite Saffire sound cards (Firewire) allow to realize the loopback of 2 channels internally. On cards that have an ADAT input and an ADAT output, we can use them to make an external 8 channels loopback.

Focusrite Scarlett sound cards (USB) do not allow internal loopback. So we have to use an external loopback with SPDIF (2 channels) or ADAT (8 channels).

RME cards have an excellent mixer (TotalMix) but I'm not sure if they can receive multichannel sound (5.1, 7.1, etc) from Windows.

Here is a short list of sound cards that are well suited for EKIO:

ESI Maya44 XTe
Bus : PCIe
Analog outputs : 4
Number of channels received from Windows : 4 (internal loopback)

FocusRite Saffire Pro 14
Bus : Firewire
Number of channels received from Windows : 2 (internal loopback)

FocusRite Scarlett 6i6
Bus : USB
Number of channels received from Windows : 2 (external loopback via SPDIF)

FocusRite Saffire Pro40
Bus : Firewire
Analog outputs : 10
Number of channels received from Windows : 2 (internal loopback) or 8 (external loopback via ADAT)

FocusRite Scarlett 18i20
Bus : USB
Analog Outputs : 10
Number of channels received from Windows : 8 (external loopback via ADAT)

They are many other cards that can be used. So feel free to share your experiences.

Today, we release version 1.0.5 of EKIO. It provides two new features:

ABX Comparator
We tend to be influenced by our prejudices and this is especially true in audio. What we see or what we know changes what we hear. The ABX test is a tool to compare two filters blind, and thus to reduce bias. Within EKIO the ABX Comparator allows to compare two configurations blind. It can be used for example to determine if one can hear a difference between two different cut-off frequencies, different slopes, different target curves, and so on. This is a very interesting tool that often surprises. The ABX Comparator is available in the Full version of the software.

ekio_abx.png

Automatic update check
Check for updates is disabled by default. Go to Menu/Preferences to activate it.

Lupisoft,

I discovered your software last night while I was lookin for a Windows-based x-over to test this 7.1 HDMI audio decoder that I just purchased. I've been playing around with it all day. So far I really like it :)

Do you have any future plans for plug-in support, like LADSPA, or VST?

Edit: It just occurred to me that I should be able to route it to any plug-in host using VB Cable... I can't wait to experiment

Great work!

Last edited:
According to the information available on the FocusRite website, there is no routing function that would direct the WDM audio stream to the PCI card. It seems that to do this, you have to use Dante Virtual Soundcard. It allows to create a virtual sound card on the PC that receives the WDM stream and propagates it on the Dante network.

Attachments

• focusrite_pcie.png
    focusrite_pcie.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 390
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.