Eico 666 meter movement speed help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Purchased a really nice original replacement meter circa 1959 for my Eico 666 and it works well, calibrates and reads properly however, the needle moves at rapid speed and when moving to full deflection and/or back to zerow it overshoots and pegs way too hard. Much more so than my previous meter or the meter on my 667. Any info on what would cause this and/or how to slow it down without affecting the accuracy? Thanks.

EICO 666 meter needle moves too fast/pegs too hard...help?

Any tips on slowing down/taming an unusually fast, hard pegging meter needle that otherwise calibrates and reads accurately? It just moves way too rapidly and when moving to full deflection and/or back to zero it overshoots/pegs way too hard. I have a perfect working 667 and it does not exhibit this behavior. I have already done the diodes across the meter mod on both units. Thanks!

It is a stock meter for this specific unit. I would think if it were different spec or damaged it wouldn't give me accurate readings but it calibrates perfectly and when testing the same tube with same approx settings on both the 666 and 667 I get the same readings. It just moves so danged fast!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.