• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EF80 push EL153, DIY with a picture tells a story.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
f4.jpg

Great Job, congratulation! Do you have the milling machine in your home (maybe your own factory?)?
One question: I expect about 10W...13Wrms output power. Could you plot the measured frequency range at 10Wrms power level? At about 10% of maximum output power almost all amplifiers show good measurement results...

Great Job, congratulation! Do you have the milling machine in your home (maybe your own factory?)?
One question: I expect about 10W...13Wrms output power. Could you plot the measured frequency range at 10Wrms power level? At about 10% of maximum output power almost all amplifiers show good measurement results...

Yes, in my house we have CNC, this is just a toy for adults.
I can not quite understand your question, please say more points.

Hi Turning. Very nice amp. Could you tell us more about your CNC? Size, power, etc...

Ok! You are welcome.

Unit: mm
Table size: 800 * 500
Processing size: 600 * 400
Working height: 150
Water-cooled spindle motor power: 1500w
Toolholder maximum size: 7mm
Max speed: 1500mm / min

However, the difficulty is not in aluminum processing on CNC machining. Instead of the aluminum alloy workpiece processed surface treatment. It takes a lot of knowledge as well as electrochemical workplace and environmental protection measures. It will bring great difficulties ordinary DIYer. Use of highly toxic chemicals will be dangerous.

Last edited:
Tube I use is very common tube. ef80 can usually be replaced by 6AH6 (usa), 6 * 5 (cccp), 6J5 (CN), which cost about US $ 0.1-0.2 a tube. The EL153 alternatives GU-50 (CCCP), FU-50 (CN) price is only $ 1-2 a. Are very easy to see and inexpensive tubes. You can try.

EL153 is simplified EL152. EL152 is FL152 with 6.3V filament. FL152 is repackaged LS-50. GU-50 is also repackaged copy of LS-50.
FU-50 is a copy of GU-50. So yes, FU-50 can be used in this amp, it should be electrically identical, except the original tube has G3 separated from cathode that can be used also.

LS-50, GU-50, FU-50 were made for military, for a mobile equipment, so they look like trash cans. FL/EL152 and EL153 are simplified, but look sexier.

Last edited:
EL153 is simplified EL152. EL152 is FL152 with 6.3V filament. FL152 is repackaged LS-50. GU-50 is also repackaged copy of LS-50.
FU-50 is a copy of GU-50. So yes, FU-50 can be used in this amp, it should be electrically identical, except the original tube has G3 separated from cathode that can be used also.

LS-50, GU-50, FU-50 were made for military, for a mobile equipment, so they look like trash cans. FL/EL152 and EL153 are simplified, but look sexier.

Yes, but it is EL152 EL153 beam shot tetrode version, not the simplified version. Similar properties.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.