• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EF184 driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello friends

One evening I was surfing the net, I ended up on a Hungarian website.

I found an interesting diagram where the input amplifier and phase circuit is designed around 2 pcs EF184. A tube that is in abundance in Europe.

I will not take credit for the work, but I thought that it must be shown.

I find a link to the author, and writes into the thread.

With a wish for a good weekend to all.

Benny

Attachments

• xL36 PP EF184.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 677
Yes they are superb tubes. the build quality is good to. they use frame grids to get the higher amplification and the resulting higher BW

The only drawback of these is the un-lineairity, and a tendency to oscillate if A careless layout is used.

However the slight un-linearity is not a problem when using them as error amplifiers in stabilized power supplies or using them in cathode follower applications.

I'm under the impression that there must be a certain G2 voltage where this tube will operate much more linear. or perhaps triode mode is a good

Ah found it- http://www.kaponk.com/~yanyong/ETF06TS.pdf Page 26 damm lineair .

When operating this tube, be sure to add 100 ohms stoppers in the anode and g2 leads. And 1k non-inductive for the grid lead.

kind regards V4lve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.