Economy push pull audio output tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is very similar to what I built, mine is simpler, two twin triodes,
tweaked Fender tone stack, 5881/6V6 for now was going to go to
12V6 or some other options for the cheap amp.

Your VR7 is gain as in the Orange amps?

I wanted the cathode follower and was debating on using Fets for the input stages. In the end I though what the heck one more tube will not kill me. The master volume is one I used on my 12AB amp, just picked it up from reading about the different ways to go about it.

There are still some issues with the design. Just as a heads up, the high voltage module has no isolation between the input and output. I am relying on the 12V brick to isolate the amp circuit from the mains. I will also have to have the cord to the mains also ground the chassis. It is not good enough to just feed the brick with its own cord, we need the chassis grounded in case something goes wrong. I also have to get a negative supply for the bias circuit. So maybe another little module powered off the 12V or even a small transformer.

But enough about me, really interested in what the OP wants to do.

Hello, this is my first post.

6AQ5 cheaper or 6V6

I've got four A3830 transformers. specs show 60 mA, for 1/2 winding, 20 watts
Stancor Catalog p 5b & 29b
http://www.earlytelevision.org/pdf/Stancor61.pdf

I built the following.

PP 6V6 "Quality Amplifier for TV Sound, Radio & TV News, May 1951, p.44
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Radio-News/50s/Radio-News-1951-05.pdf

SE 6AQ5
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Also see Amplifier Uses Cheap Output Transformers, Audio Magazine Aug 1955,p 11,12
Audio Magazine (August 1955) : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

20 watt OT, I was looking for a few good watts.

They sound Very Nice .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.