eBay aleph 1.7 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it may be the same as this. Not the best quality but it's all I have.

Attachments

• Jims Pass P1.7 +128step vol ctrl complete sch.jpg
    Jims Pass P1.7 +128step vol ctrl complete sch.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 243
I am working on one using the board a friend gave me. Instead of using the adc0804, I designed an arduino based control board to switch the relays. It also interfaces to an input selection board I designed. Software is working but amp requires a bit more work. Too many projects, too little time haha.

I can’t seem to find that xlr board on eBay , but also don’t feel like waiting another 9 months. If anyone has a schematic of the xlr board, it would be appreciated if you could post it, will rather just trace a board myself so that I can get finished. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to our Switzerland’s member for the email docs. A massive help. Thank you.

Ebay links are allowed (at least as far as I know).

But you only need the input board if you want to use relays to select the input (for instance to support remote control or push-buttons on the front panel). A selector switch will work just as well from an audio standpoint.

Thanks Albert. Much appreciated. Would I need a separate I/o board as well?

You can also use a switch if you want. Simple and foolproof.

I do not know the input board shown. Whatever you use, make sure you can ground the - for single ended inputs. I have seen boards that have say 3 balanced inputs and 3 single ended inputs but leave - floating when the single ended input is used.

I decided to build my own input board rather than buy one. Not something I would have thought of doing (let alone do) a few years ago, but I felt confident I could do it. It is diY after all haha.

I am trying to order parts for the build, would it be possible to get the parts list for this build? Thanks

Most of board uses the standard Aleph P1.7 parts. I am not sure if the pins of the to-92 transistors were the same as those when using the specified original parts. I remember following the traces on the board to check.
I scanned both sides of the board using a flatbed scanner and saved the rear scan in mirror image. That way it was easy to follow the traces on front and rear having the images side by side on a screen with the advantage of being able to zoom in!

Most of board uses the standard Aleph P1.7 parts. I am not sure if the pins of the to-92 transistors were the same as those when using the specified original parts. I remember following the traces on the board to check.
I scanned both sides of the board using a flatbed scanner and saved the rear scan in mirror image. That way it was easy to follow the traces on front and rear having the images side by side on a screen with the advantage of being able to zoom in!

Thanks albert i'll try to do so.

I found this bom that I think came with the board. I hope it is of use to you.
Note that I did not follow it to the letter but deviated from it at various points.

I would recommend downloading and studying the original Aleph P1.7 service manual and checking the schematic of your board with the original. You will find differences in the parts used (I did anyway) and will have to decide for yourself if you can (pin out!) and/or want to follow the original or not.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Jims Audio Pass P1.7 part list v3.pdf
    6.7 KB · Views: 98
I found this bom that I think came with the board. I hope it is of use to you.
Note that I did not follow it to the letter but deviated from it at various points.

I would recommend downloading and studying the original Aleph P1.7 service manual and checking the schematic of your board with the original. You will find differences in the parts used (I did anyway) and will have to decide for yourself if you can (pin out!) and/or want to follow the original or not.

Good luck!

Thanks albert! I will follow your recommendation.

cheers
muktesh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.