easiest way to BTL LM3886s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, Im new to chip amps but not EE. I am looking to build a single BR100 or simlar with the lm3886. I see these boards are readily avail in the US in a dual mono, stereo or parallell config. So it seems the two options to get a BR100 or similar is

1. By off the shelf from China or Aliexpress
2. Design and build your own PCB

Both are not options for me. What Id like to do is find a way to use 2 mono chip amps and wire them for bridged loads. I know about the method involving the 22k resistor from amp to amp but my question is there a simple method for connecting two mono boards in bridge or a US store to buy them?

I have read the App notes but it does not detail a dual mono to bridged versio

Hi all, Im new to chip amps but not EE. I am looking to build a single BR100 or simlar with the lm3886. I see these boards are readily avail in the US in a dual mono, stereo or parallell config. So it seems the two options to get a BR100 or similar is

1. By off the shelf from China or Aliexpress
2. Design and build your own PCB

Both are not options for me. What Id like to do is find a way to use 2 mono chip amps and wire them for bridged loads. I know about the method involving the 22k resistor from amp to amp but my question is there a simple method for connecting two mono boards in bridge or a US store to buy them?

I have read the App notes but it does not detail a dual mono to bridged versio
You are self answering, don't know what else remains.

First of all, you don't state where you live, that's *important* because answer depends a lot on that.

1) how come you can't buy online?
"EBay" does not necessarily mean "China" but anyway, that's not a problem.
If you have a valid Credit Card and a Post address (hint, your home) you can buy and get stuff delivered.

2) no need to use EBay, guess lots of suppliers can serve you.
If I'm not mistaken, "Chipamps" is in this very same Forum and has what you need, just look in the Vendors area.

Once you have two mono LM3886 boards, or maybe a dual one , plus a power supply, mounting hardware and the magical 22k resistor, you can build the bridged version.

If you have the proper supply for 50+50W into 8 ohms, boards can be wired for bridged 100W @ 8 ohms, just what you need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.