• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E130L Micron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NO EL3010

dady, they are all great tubes. Hope you do something with them, someday.
Wow, didn't knew about EL3010. I found a TFK pair on ebay for 328 dollars:eek:

I think, Micron is more like Philips's job. I'm pretty sure they are Philips.
And, yes, awesome tubes. I think to get hold of a pair.

Nikola, do they glow blue in the dark ? :D

By the way I never thank in get a EL3010, they are so expensive. I had a pair of YL1350; this is an incredible tube, They was designed for Telefunken in 1964 with the YL1260 and the 3010. Some time after close for ever.
With the money I paid something to my wife.:cuss:
I planning in make something with E130L is a reliable tube, sensitive, low voltage, linear and durable.

Thanks for your info, Tunsgram was subsidiary from philips?
The valves are in a closed in the basment, tomorrow I will examinate them.
I knew about German transformers, but at the moment I not find any for a pushpull one of E130L. Do you know? My goal is something like the pushpull published in roris web page. With separate winding for screen grid.
Best Regards!

Tunsgram was subsidiary from philips?

I have several E130L.

Some are Mullard brand, "Made in England", Some are Amperex brand "Made in England, or Amperex "Made in West Germany", one is Telefunken "Made in West Germany", all of these appear to have exactly the same guts inside.

Some are Tungsram brand, "Made in Hungary". The mica supports are different and do not have the spring fingers between the mica and the glass. The plate and grid radiators look the same as the other tubes. Some of these tubes carry the National brand.

I have tried the E130L in several push pull amps. They do work very good, but the screen grid voltage spec must be respected.

Do you know in a company that could make a transformer for this valve ?

I went "off data sheet" and decided to see how well the tubes work with transformers that I already have. I have several 3300 ohm P-P OPT's without UL taps, so I found a way to use them. I modified Pete's red board from his "engineers amp" to use octal tubes, and plugged in some E130L's. I used variable power supplies to find a good set of operating conditions. I tried several plate voltage settings from 300 volts to 500 volts. Bias current was set to 30 mA. Screen voltage was 150 volts. I got 115 watts from a pair of E130L at 500 volts without any glow or obvious upset. I set the power supply for 430 volts which gave over 80 WPC. I listened to these for a few days before moving on to bigger tubes.

This shows that any OPT from 1.9 K to 3.3 K should work at 60 or more WPC and higher impedances could work at reduced power, or higher plate voltages.
Tube life is usually improved at higher plate voltages since the cathode current is reduced, up to a point. There will be a minimum idle current needed to kill crossover distortion, and that determines the idle plate dissipation. There will be a point where the idle dissipation is too high. This is not the case up to 500 volts with the E130L.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.