e-Speaker Kits - PHL ESg-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was dropped when I pressed the return:confused:
I also discovered that Esg and Arg ribbon tweeters sold by Creative Sound Solutions are the same, compare ARG3 to Esg3
I went the same way in my research. I also spoke with Danny from GR Research and he actually directed me toward Esg instead of Ravens. His experience is that Ravens are too fragile, and very sensitive on the placement. That is why he is using ARG in his new Criterion speaker instead of Ravens. He certainly knows more than I do, and has chance to play with more stuff, so I trust his advice.
Peter:
I never had a chance to play with Ravens, so I cannot give any opinion or comparison with Esg.
Al:
The reason for PHL instead of Lambda is in the first place - sensitivity. My PHL 10" 3451 and Esg3 combo is 100dB each which fits perfectly Cary Audio 2A3 amps that I have. Also E-speakers had it as a kit. I worked with Andre from E-speakers in making the final selection.
I have several amps for the Lambda to try. Most likely 300W each vacuum tube bass amp.
I haven't had a chance to listen much, since I am still working on it, but Branwell described it well. For me - switching from the 2 way bipolar speakers to three way - it is discovery. Mids are so clean and powerful. Voices, piano and anything else in that range is so clean and defined.
Branwell - try soundtrack from Amali and listen the accordion on PHL's. I guess it is French movie on the French speakers...:devily:
And finally the dimensions on the sealed bass cabinet are: h31" w14" d18". I have the drawing, but since I received it from the E speakers I do not feel comfortable posting it here. Please email me for the PDF.

I got the one for the sealed sub, which is the one I wanted.
I am curious about the monitors. But, that's more out of lust... not likely to happen this year. The subs, using the SB12s, are a strong contender against a pair of Soniccraft.com SCC300.

thanks again for sharing,

Al

I too have built an MTM using scan- speak driver and I'm interested in more information about some of the PHL drivers. If any of you has the ability to take some measurement on the PHL drivers in your enclosures I sure would appreciate some real world graphs of frequency and impedance. Do you know of any other sources for this information so the rest of us could have a look.

Thanks,
Bryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.