Dumb Question about Crown XLS402

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I've been given the task of putting together a stereo for a a 600sqm (6500sqf) warehouse. It's roughly rectangular, so no real concerns about anything fancy. There is a fairly limited budget for the system, so my plans were:

-Crown XL402 amp (bought second hand for an absolute steal) running at 4ohm (400Wrms/channel)
-2 pairs of 8 ohm 12' PA monitors in parallel (yet to purchase)

Obviously SQL isn't a major concern, it just needs to be relatively loud.

I have one question about the amp - grabbing a manual off the net, the only mention of inputs are female XLR on the back that are balanced. This is fine, except there's a matching pair of male XLR jacks right next to them. These aren't mentioned anywhere in the manual, nor on the amp. On the PCB they are designated 1A/1B and 2A/2B respectively.

Question is this - is this a pass-through connector for hooking up more amps, or is it just abother input option?

20160313_102433.jpg

Joined 2011
is this a pass-through connector for hooking up more amps, or is it just abother input option?

The male and female XLR connectors for each channel are in parallel, so you can use either one for an input,
or else daisy-chain the XLR input to another amp with the unused XLR input.

Normally the male chassis-mounted XLR is used as an input, and the female chassis-mounted XLR is an output.

Last edited:
The male and female XLR connectors for each channel are in parallel, so you can use either one for an input,
or else daisy-chain the XLR input to another amp with the unused XLR input.

Normally the male chassis-mounted XLR is used as an input, and the female chassis-mounted XLR is an output.

Brilliant - that's what I figured but wanted to double check as it's my first time messing around with bigger stuff (all of my experience is building small signal stuff or guitar amplifiers/effects).

This PA stuff is confusing haha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.