Dual ADAU1701 DSP via TDM8

Hi,

I am trying to interconnect two ADAU1701 DSP via TDM8 but I am not getting any sound, so any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

First DSP (A) is configured as master (PLL pins) and second DSP (B) is configured as slave (PLL pins).

-. DSP A receives audio signal thru ADC and sends it via TDM8 thru signal thru SDATA_OUT0

"TDM" is enabled in "Serial Output" in "Register Control"
"Master Control is enabled in "Serial Output" in "Register Control"

In the "scheme" I have both channels mixed and sent to ALL channels DAC0 thru DAC3 and DIG0 thru DIG7.

-. DSP B receives TDM signal thru SDATA_IN0. "TDM" is selected in "Serial Input" in "Register Control.

In the "scheme" i am using standard "Input" (from IO --> Input) and selecting channels 2-3 which are usually used for I2S input (Digital input goes thru input 2 to 9 = 8 channels).

Output is configured thru all DAC in the DSP B, but I get no sound, nothing, not even noise.

For TDM interconnect I am using a standard cable with Dupont terminals. It's around 10cm long.

Cheers.

Am about to try and configure dual ADAU1701 for stereo output (4 x channels per L/R) I am a complete novice with Sigmastudio and DSP programming, so if you're still active here and have info, that'd be much appreciated. I'm also getting some info from the AD Forum.

I'm using the green Chinese board commonly found on Aliexpress and Ebay, which should arrive in a week or so.

Edit: using them as active crossovers for either a 3 or 4 way speaker

The hardware, 4 x ADAU1701and USBi arrived today, so now have something to play with.

I also ordered 1 each of PCM1802/PCM1808 ADC's and 4 x PCM5102 DAC's to test/play with on the 2 extra ADAU1701's, as it's documented the on board ADC/DAC's are lesser quality. But that's a later implementation...

Reactions: 1 user
The hardware, 4 x ADAU1701and USBi arrived today, so now have something to play with.

I also ordered 1 each of PCM1802/PCM1808 ADC's and 4 x PCM5102 DAC's to test/play with on the 2 extra ADAU1701's, as it's documented the on board ADC/DAC's are lesser quality. But that's a later implementation...

What DSPs are you using? Do you have an update on this? I also purchased a PCM1808 ADC and two PCM5102 DACs to pair with a Wondom DSP.